Important Hornets Youth Wrestling Information:
** Many things have changed since prior years, please disregard any other information regarding Germantown Hornets Youth Wrestling Club other than what is found below. This will be the official site of the Hornets Wrestling beginning November 1st, 2011 **
** In order to compete at any Hornets Session, you are required to purchase a USA Wrestling Membership for $35 on top of the Hornets Registration fee. The card is good for 1 full USA Wrestling calendar year. You will not be allowed to practice without this card - it is our club insurance liability since Hornets is not covered under the school insurance policy. To obtain a USA Wrestling Membership, go to: http://www.usawmembership.com/ **
** All Hornets sessions are $100 per session. Registration forms can be downloaded on the "FORMS" page. Please fill out and send the appropriate registration form to Germantown High School (Attn: Casey Gabrielson Wrestling), W180 N11501 River Lane, Germantown, WI 53022 or bring to the 1st practice of that session.
Hornets has various year-round sessions available for grades K-12. Each session is a flat fee of $100 - Make all checks/money orders out to "Germantown Wrestling" - If you have any further questions, please contact Coach Gabrielson or Coach Szohr **
Hornets "Summer Dual Team":
The Hornets Summer Dual Team was established in 2012. The dual team practices two times a week and competes in two to three team competitions every June each year. Hornets members are not limited to Germantown athletes only, all USA wrestling card holders are eligible grades 8-12.
Hornets "Combat Cup":
The "Combat Cup" was established in 2012 to promote involvement during the off-season and to keep student-athletes involved. The combat cup is comprised of "quads" or wrestlers from KMS and GHS in teams of four. The "quad" will work as a team and earn points based on criteria below.
The Combat Cup represents team, dedication, involvement, hard work, cooperation, goal setting, accountability, & leadership. The Combat Cup is awarded annually to the most dedicated off-season “Wrestling Quad” -Established in 2012. The Combat Cup is free of charge, but all quads need to be registered through Coach Casey.
The winner of the “Combat Cup” will be decided based on total points earned by your group from the dates of March 11th to July 26th, 2013. All points will be recorded and kept in the weightroom room. All points are on the honor system and need to be recorded within 1 week of the activity.
Combat Cup Point System
- 1 bonus point every time all 4 quad members partake in the same point scoring activity together
- 1 point for every non-wrestling athletics practice. (Ex: Track Practice = 1 Point)
- 1 point for every run (minimum of a 30 minute run)
- 1 point for lifting (minimum of 30 minutes in the weightroom)
- 2 points for every wrestling room bands workout (30 minute minimum circuit)
- 2 points for every academic "A" (Final Semester Only)
- 3 points for every off-season wrestling practice you attend (Ex: AWA/Ringers Practice = 3 points)
- 5 points for every off-season tournament you participate in (Ex: Purple Pummel = 5 points)
- 5 bonus points for every off-season tournament you win
10 points for any "Germantown Wrestling Fundraiser" you volunteer for
Hornets Youth Club